|Home||» Services||» Product Conformity Assessment for Iraq||» Product Conformity Assessment for Iraq|
Product Conformity Assessment for Iraq
The Kurdistan Standardization and Quality Control Administration (KSQCA) has appointed our associate to implement its Product Conformity Assessment Program.
From January 15, 2012 KSQCA regulated products imported to Kurdistan must comply with National and/or approved International Standards or Technical requirements. The KSQCA has introduced the PCA Program to protect the country, consumers and local manufacturers from:
- Substandard products that may endanger public health, safety or the environment
- Counterfeit or unsafe products
- Unfair competition from imported goods which do not comply with the approved standards
Products regulated under this program include:
- Electrical and electronic products
- Vehicles, tires and spare parts
- Construction related products
- Consumer products including cosmetics and personal hygiene
- Household hardware
- Textiles and footwear
- Household fuel burning appliances
Similar to Iraq’s PCA Program Kurdistan’s scheme requires all cargos of regulated products entering the territory to be covered by a Certificate of Conformity.
To initiate a PCA you will need to submit the following documents:
- Request for Certification (indicating the Point of Entry to Kurdistan Region)
- Proforma invoice
- Letter of Credit (where applicable)
- Conformity documents (test reports, quality certificates, analysis reports, etc.)
- Company’s Quality Management System documents (ISO 9000, ISO 22000, ISO/TS 16949, etc.).
We will verify the conformity of your documentation, organize the physical inspection of the cargo and if necessary take samples for testing. For cargos meeting the requirements the exporter will then need to supply the Final Invoice and the Transport Document (BL, CMR, AWB) to enable the Certificate of Conformity (CoC) to be issued.
Our associate will perform verification at the border point of entry to the Kurdistan Region in order to authenticate the CoC, check consistency between the CoC and import documentation and to visually check the goods whenever customs opens a container.
With decades of experience managing conformity assessment programs , we offers exporters efficient and comprehensive solutions to ensure shipments conform to the Kurdistan Region’s requirements.