|Home||» Services||» ISO Certification Services||» ISO 9001:2008 Certification|
ISO 9001:2008 Certification
ISO 9000 is a family of standards for quality management systems. ISO 9000 is maintained by ISO, the international organization for standardization and is administered by accreditation and certification bodies. The rules are updated, as the requirements motivate changes over time. Some of the requirements in ISO 9001:2008 (which is one of the standards in the ISO 9000 family) include:
- A set of procedures that cover all key processes in the business;
- Monitoring processes to ensure they are effective;
- Keeping adequate records;
- Checking output for defects, with appropriate and corrective action where necessary;
- Regularly reviewing individual processes and the quality system itself for effectiveness; and
- Facilitating continual improvement
A company or organization that has been independently audited and certified to be in conformance with ISO 9001 may publicly state that it is "ISO 9001 certified" or "ISO 9001 registered". Certification to an ISO 9001 standard does not guarantee any quality of end products and services; rather, it certifies that formalized business processes are being applied.
ISO 9000 series of standards ISO 9001 is one of the standards in the series of quality management system standards. It can help bring out the best in organization by enabling them to understand processes for delivering products/services to their customers. The ISO 9000 series of standards consist of:
- ISO 9000 - Fundamentals and Vocabulary: this introduces the user to the concepts behind the management systems and specifies the terminology used.
- ISO 9001 - Requirements: this sets out the criteria we shall need to meet if we wish to operate in accordance with the standard and gain certification. Only ISO 9001 is a certifiable standard.
Who is it relevant to? ISO 9001 is suitable for any organization looking to improve the way it is operated and managed, regardless of size, type or product provided. However, the best returns on investment come from those companies that are prepared to implement it throughout their organization rather than at particular sites, departments or divisions.
Benefits Competitive advantage
- ISO 9001 is a top-management led quality initiative, which ensures that senior management take a strategic approach to their management systems.
- ISO 9001 helps to raise the organization's performance above and beyond competitors who aren't using management systems. Certification also makes it easier to measure performance and manage business risks in a planned and better way.
- Certification to ISO 9001 will boost organization's brand reputation and can be a useful promotional tool. It sends a clear message to all interested parties that the company is committed to high standards and continual improvement.
- Evidence shows that there are significant financial benefits for companies that are certified for ISO 9001 as it leads to operational efficiencies, increased sales, higher return on assets and greater profitability.
- The assessment of quality management system focuses on operating processes. This encourages organizations to improve the quality of products & the service provided and helps to reduces waste and customer complaints.
- ISO 9001 ensures that employee feel more involved through improved communication. Continued Assessment visit can highlight any skills shortages sooner and uncover any teamwork issues.